www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend musky trip

Default Weekend musky trip

I am going to fish the river a few days this weekend and was wondering what area would be the best place to put my boat and actually be able to fish and navigate the river a decent distance? I am looking to put in at either West Hickory or Tidioute launch, I have flat bottom but it is not equipped with a jet! Any suggestions would be great!

You are looking at about 14-15 miles from Tidioute to Tionesta gravel pit. I have not drifted that section but in low water, there could be a few hang-up spots to deal with. There are others on this board that are much more familiar with that stretch. Hopefully, they will chime in.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Wear your swim trunks and just jump out and pull or guide your boat through the shallow spots. I have only been on the stretch between Tidioute and Tionesta twice so someone else may know more info.

I am just looking for the best location to put in, and be able to plug and troll. The thing i want to avoid is going to far down river and not being able to motor back. My boat is not a typical light weight jon, its welded and is 17ft so it is rather heavy if it would get hung up. I think i am going to just put in at tidioute and fish up river in hopes of some action.

When you launch at Tidioute you can travel up river about 3/4 mile and then it gets shallow. Stay to the 62 side at the island. Once and if you get past the shallow faster water it opens up and you can go another 1/2 mile or so north. That open pool also has a public launch and you might want to check it out from 62. Its a shallow launch and mostly for small boats and canoes. Heading down river from Tidioute you will first experience shallow water by the Trading Post. After that you should have little or no problems floating to West Hickory. I believe it's around 8 mile. Along that stretch is Trunkeyville and has a deep long pool. We lave floated from Tidioute to West Hickory before in low water with a 18" Tracker with 120 hp inboard jet and didn't get hung up anywhere. We didn't try to go back up and pulled it out at West Hickory. Good fishing from Tidioute to West Hickory.

If you could have a 2 car system for your float, that would be the best idea IMO. Getting back up river with a prop is going to be difficult at the current water levels. Just my .02 cents.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

It is pretty much a one way ticket if you head downstream on any part of that section of river.

Quote Originally Posted by SportJet120 View Post
    Along that stretch is Trunkeyville and has a deep long pool.
    you could spend a few hours fishing Trunkeyville alone.
    picture looking down towards the bottom of the pool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trunkeyville.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	13791