www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tues. a.m. trip...Kyle gets a 30!!!

Default Tues. a.m. trip...Kyle gets a 30!!!

Day two with the Gibson family saw us going for big fish on big water. We were trolling Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses using both bottom bouncers and in-line weights. We didn't get lots of action today, but that's the way it can be when you fish for the big ones. We only had 6 walleye bites today on our 5 hr. trip, landing a nice 22 incher, a 28 incher, and a 30 incher that 14 yr. old Kyle is going to have mounted. Unfortunately, the other three came off. I talked with others that have been fishing the same area and they've all talked about losing several fish for some reason. No particular color was better than another today, we had 2 fish on I-76, 2 on W-11, and 2 on I-62 (which is always good when the mayflies are hatching). Tried some other colors with no success. Here's some pics from today's trip, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area. Thanks to the Gibson's for a great couple of days of fishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0390_Edit_2.JPG 
Views:	592 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	5495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0391_Edit_2.JPG 
Views:	502 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	5496  

Captain Ken Lee
    Bay de Noc Charters
    http://www.baydenoccharters.net

That is what it's all about! You called it yesterday..."goin after the hogs!" Way to go Capt. Ken!

Question Trolling rods

Ken,

are you using Ugly Stick Big Water rods for pulling harnesses? I'm looking to buy a couple of trolling rods for general trolling application (walleye, salmon). Those Shimanos are expansive. I'm looking for something more affordable but still good quality. How do you like those Ugly Sticks? What lenghts? Are those 2 piece or 1 piece. What reels are working best for you?

Thanks in advance for your invaluable opinion.

Default Uglystick rods

Quote Originally Posted by Bigonfish View Post
    Ken,

are you using Ugly Stick Big Water rods for pulling harnesses? I'm looking to buy a couple of trolling rods for general trolling application (walleye, salmon). Those Shimanos are expansive. I'm looking for something more affordable but still good quality. How do you like those Ugly Sticks? What lenghts? Are those 2 piece or 1 piece. What reels are working best for you?

Thanks in advance for your invaluable opinion.
    The poles my brother uses are Uglystick freshwater rods and the model # is Cal-1100-76 . They are a 7 1/2 foot one piece casting rod that work great for trolling with planer boards. They are inexpensive, but work great! These are matched up with either Okuma Magda Pro (MA-20DX) or Okuma Convector (CV-15D)Line counter reels.
    Kevin Lee