www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: More nets found

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just want to clear up a couple of things.

Why the Bayshore parking lot normally has overflow trailers out on the road for a half mile! The lot hasn't even been filled this year
    Actually, it has filled a few times this season. Not as often as years past, though.

The annual Perch tournament had a total of 12 Perch caught.
    There were no perch caught in the tournament - but that's because the tournament director (myself,) canceled it due to the horrible conditions that day. Maybe there's another Perch Tournament I don't know about?

I personally feel the single biggest problem so far this season is the cold, unstable weather we've had since April. The netting situation surely had some impact on the walleye fishing, but doesn't account for the slower than usual bass and perch fishing. That's fishing. Some years are just plain better than others. I'm still going. I'm still catching. I'm still having fun.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The Bait Shop Guy View Post
    Just want to clear up a couple of things.

Actually, it has filled a few times this season. Not as often as years past, though.

There were no perch caught in the tournament - but that's because the tournament director (myself,) canceled it due to the horrible conditions that day. Maybe there's another Perch Tournament I don't know about?

I personally feel the single biggest problem so far this season is the cold, unstable weather we've had since April. The netting situation surely had some impact on the walleye fishing, but doesn't account for the slower than usual bass and perch fishing. That's fishing. Some years are just plain better than others. I'm still going. I'm still catching. I'm still having fun.
    Chris why oh why do you always have to be the voice of reason? haha. You are probably right because fishing is fishing and I agree that some of the consequences that have been mentioned in here might be a little overblown. But, the fact remains that if any of us had given the bay a sandy vaseline job like these net people have, we would be down in jackson prison getting our own sandy vaseline job by society's finest. It's ok to have outrage and to be upset about this especially considering the fact that we all know that these people will get off lightly. It sucks and most certainly isn't fair but then again neither is life.
    "By the Power of Grayskull! I have the Power!"

I totally agree that it's ok to be outraged about what went on. It's also ok to be outraged IF these guys get a light sentence - but that's the thing, it hasn't happened yet. I don't see the point in complaining about sentences when they haven't even been to court yet. It'll probably be at least a year or two before all the legal wrangling is finished over who will have jurisdiction and the actual case is tried. Until then, I think it's a little too early to be breaking out the torches and pitchforks.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com