www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: July 23rd report 48 incher

Default July 23rd report 48 incher

My brother Tim is in town so I took yesterday and today off to hang out with him. Last night after dinner we went out with my nephew Hayden to do some crappie fishing. We got on the water at sundown. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get out there. I of course took my muskie rod and a Pacemaker. While my brother and nephew crappie fished I took some casts and wouldn't you know it in a spot I wouldn't have been at unless we were crappie fishing a big fish hit my Pacemaker. First thing I said was "aw man we are screwed". The reason being was that not only didn't we have any headlamps, but we didn't have a musky net or hook removing tools either. Oh yeah, no camera either. Alll of those things were in my boat which was in the garage at home. We opted to take my brother's boat. Anyway back to the fish. Tim pulled his trolling motor up right away which turned out to be a plus pretty soon after and then raised the big motor also. We just figured this was going to be a cluster from the get go so I think we just waited to watch me lose the fish. After watching the fish swim around with the bait in the very tip of it's mouth by the back hook for a while Hayden yelled "here guys, use the crappie net". At this point we really didn't have a choice in the matter and hand landing a fish like that just isn't an option so we went for it. First my brother stuck a hook in his leg and then scooped at the fish and I grabbed the tail. We just started laughing because the fish went nuts in this two foot deep crappie net. We just figured it was going to be over faster than it started. There was no scooping the fish because more of the fish was out of the net than in. And, of course the bait got caught on the edge of the net and tore free from the fish's mouth. After the whitewater stopped somehow the fish was still in the net. Well, the head anyway. When the fish went nuts it's gill plate got stuck in the net. I grabbed him by the gill and held him in the water and asked if my brother had a camera or phone and got a no to both. We measured the fish in the water and Hayden helped push him off. I think we fished an hour but it was the most entertaining hour this year. Nothing like a little chaos while crappie fishing!

I forgot, my brother made about five casts after than and had another hit a Pacemaker. One cast later we went in. The crappie weren't biting.

Good luck,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

My son Tucker Likes the story "It's Funny"

tait

It was like trying to fit an alligator in a butterfly net.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Hahaha. Love this story. Way to be, men !

Usta' be when we went crappie fishing in a known crappie spot and we didn't get any, we thought there was a musky in the area feeding, shutting the crappie bite down. Do you think that's true ?

I just think we got extremely lucky.

Seriously though, there are times when you are catching crappie and then the bite stops when a muskie goes by the area. I know of quite a few times when people have caught a muskie when this happens.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843