www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weather

Default Weather

Looks like a good pounding up there this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by lambeau View Post
    Looks like a good pounding up there this morning?
    Not there so can't verify but it sure looks like it on radar.Hope Chris and Michelle got going home without trouble-that is if staying at my place didn't kill them.
    I'm heading back tomorrow and it will be Rascal and I plus 16 tons,7 ounces of gear in my lil 618 launching in what appears to be 25-30mph winds(gusting to 38).That will be very interesting.
    Any rain sure welcome there though.All in all however lake conditions for the muskie 'opener' and Op Muskie look pretty good.Hope the Vets all bring their cameras!

Wow,quite a ride out here but survived.Even my lab Rascal is thinking of transferring to pheasant duty,to hell with this water stuff.And,speaking of water.Still light rain but the rain gauge said 2.75 inches since I left.Frankie said it rained all day yesterday.

This looks like an appropriate place to level a complaint.Let's be honest,just how dam annoying are people that have Sirius weather reports in their boat?You know the type,the guy that has to have the latest gizmo no matter cost or common sense.The type of geek who has to call you over and flash the 'green screen' to confirm it's cloudy and might rain.The type that hears thunder in the distance and then wants to show you lightning on the screen.My god where do we draw the line on this techno crap?Or the people that use it?
    I say draw the line here and now!No more boats allowed at the dock that have that crap!Period!Fini!End of story! Oh,wait...I guess I don't own the dock.Oh,wait....Maybe the guy that does own it is a dorky geek with Sirius weather.Maybe I'll draw the line somewhere else.

Keeps people entertained, and takes their minds off the fact they are not catching fish.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

"This looks like an appropriate place to level a complaint.Let's be honest,just how dam annoying are people that have Sirius weather reports in their boat?You know the type,the guy that has to have the latest gizmo no matter cost or common sense.The type of geek who has to call you over and flash the 'green screen' to confirm it's cloudy and might rain.The type that hears thunder in the distance and then wants to show you lightning on the screen.My god where do we draw the line on this techno crap?Or the people that use it?
    I say draw the line here and now!No more boats allowed at the dock that have that crap!Period!Fini!End of story! Oh,wait...I guess I don't own the dock.Oh,wait....Maybe the guy that does own it is a dorky geek with Sirius weather.Maybe I'll draw the line somewhere else."

What happened to a little risk in life? Beach the boat and stand by a tall tree! Makes it easy on the family as there would be no need for speading my ashes in the lake. See you in about a week!

I actually agree with getting the newest technology for your boat especially if you are in the business of guiding customers. You are responsible for showing them a good day on the water and also making sure that they are returned safely. I did get a chance to see the Sirius Weather in action with Frank this spring on a day that was questionable for either rain or lightning. We all don't mind fishing in the rain but lightning is something else. The Sirius showed that there was lightning quite a distance away and moving away from us so we kept on fishing. If it was coming directly towards our location, we had time to change our plans and find a safer place to fish or head to the docks. Now that I think about it, the legal system could have a field day if something happened and you did not have all the items needed to prevent it. Good foresight Frank.

Dick,
    You've been around Frank way too much.

Is there such a thing?????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com