www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: RFRG Outdoors listener fish!

Default RFRG Outdoors listener fish!

Here's Eric with a great 48x23 taken by a little more unusual method, the beautiful weather lately inticed him to just "get out" and fish a bit. Here's his story...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eric2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	12080
    "I caught this shore fishing Tuesday morning on the river. I was feeling kind of bad about my boat being stored for the season and decided to shore fish just to get out. 48"x23 1/4". Who needs a $40,000 Ranger.....I just needed my Hellhound..."

"The few walleye fisherman that were there must have thought I was nuts lumbering to the waters edge with musky gear. I almost didn't bring my net because I didn't really think I would catch anything. It was just such a beautiful morning to be out. It felt like I was getting hung up in the rocks again and just kept putting soft tension on the line to free the lure. This happened about three times before my line went sideways and I realized I had a fish on. I never set the hook on it and that fish never knew it was hooked as it slowly drifted to me. Once it saw shore it finally realized it was hooked. When I saw the size I didn't want to try and land it myself so I shouted to one of the walleye fisherman who ran over and netted it for me and took the pictures. Good thing I never put the screws to that fish since the hooks were all in the soft tissue of the mouth and was unhooked without harm and released."

VERY COOL Eric and thanks for sharing with us!

Good Stuff, Eric!!! Congrats on getting that fish!!! This RFRG listener has been grouse hunting and living vicariously through those of you that do!!!

Mark

Good going Eric. I think there are a lot of guys who wish they hadn't put the boat away for the season. Not seeing deer = I should be fishing.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Eric stopped in the Musky Shop yesterday and we got a chance to chat a bit. Very nice guy and fun to talk to. Think I got him convinced to call in to the show this Sunday to tell the story of his catch. It's a good one.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Enjoyed the "visit" via the Radio Show, Eric!!