www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Whats your thoughts?

Default Whats your thoughts?

Hey boys,
    Just wondering on your thoughts on where the best place to catch a walleye of a lifetime is. I personally feel the great lakes in the fall. Especially little bay and lake erie are a guys best shot. Can't wait to start the pursuit of fall hogs. Best of luck to all this fall.

Cthemeyes
    (corey)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00756.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	11706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00764.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	11707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00754.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	11708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00779.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	11709  

Smile I'll stay here....Thank You

Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall I say this area has it all. If you are lookin for a lunker for the wall (mine has to be pushin 34" or she will go back) or just a nice meal of eat's you can find it. Perch, bass, northern, Trout.... You can find a mounter anywhere around here. Most all my big one's go back but sometimes ya have to take one for braggin rights... I know others may disagree but I have caught damn nice fish here in every season. Some may say the bays are washed up because of this and that and that's ok... Less pressure....Lol If you put good effort in it (you get out what ya put in) you wont be disappointed here... IMO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3579.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	11710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3583.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	11711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00132.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	11712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00677.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	11713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0002.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	11714  

Last edited by schmutzomatic 5000; 10-02-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Default trophy eyes

Id say we have some great waters for producing trophy fish but from what Ive read I think the Columbia river on the border of Oregon and Washington is where the biggest fish roam. I was born in Oregon and my Dad lives in Washington so I hope I get a chance to get out there and hook one.

Jerkbait

It depends on what you mean by Trophy?
    Our forage base in the Bays combined with the "migratory" nature of the walleye prevent the weight to match other waters. I also fish the Mississippi River near Red Wing, MN and a 29" Walleye there will average 11 to 12 lbs.
    But there are billions of Shad for them to feast on... 6lb Sauger are not uncommon.
    I caught this 12lb 11oz...29.75" Eye last spring... She was released as I have caught many like this the past few years. I saw a 31", 14.4 lber caught/released last year.

Big Tom,
    I agree that the forage base has alot to do with it. I actually live in Hastings, Mn which is about 30 minutes from red wing and have seen some real giants come out of there. Erie is the same way, alot of shad in the fall equals real fat walleyes. Bay de noc is tremendous too. alot of great places to go. Now Mille lacs has a tremendous walleye fishery but good luck finding a fish over 28.5 inches, don't now why but you dont.

Cthemeyes
    (Corey)