www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for July 2

Default Fishing Report for July 2

Yesterday morning, guided out on the West side of the chip out of Pat's Landing, had about a 24 inch walleye follow a chatter bait to the boat, but didn't eat it, then I got a backlast, and when I reeled up, I had a fish on, I fought it to the boat, and it stayed deep the whole time, and I never saw it, but it had a lot of weight to it. Pretty crazy that is the second fish in a week to eat a bait while picking out a backlash. My client also had a walleye about 24 inches follow his bucktail up too.

Last night, guided out on the east side of the chip out of Treelands resort, client had about a 36 incher follow a cowgirl in some really thick weeds, then we fished a wind blown main lake weed bar, and he got a nice 38 incher on a cowgirl. Right at dark we fished pete's bar, when my client caught some line, so we brought it up, hoping to find a bait, and we did, then we kept pulling the line up, and eventually brought up a rod and reel, looks like it got thrown in the water that day, so if anybody lost a rod and reel, give me a shout, I have it hear at my house.

Today, guided out on the St. Louis River, fishing was ok. Got about a 40 incher on a cowgirl, and another about 38 inches on a suick, all in cabbage. Also had a fish follow in a River 2 Sea Kong very hot, and went around on a figure 8 but it didn't eat, that fish was about 35 inches or so. My client also lost an upper 30 inch fish on a cowgirl in shallow cabbage again, so the action was pretty good, but no big fish showing themselves.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001s.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	10381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004s.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	10382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005s.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	10383  
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

What's up with the fins on that fish in the first pic?

Cool story re: the backlash. Never had one on, but my brothers and I have had them follow up after clearing the reel. Have you seen a lot of bigger walleye while muskie fishing recently or were these an anomaly this year?

Regarding the rod and reel, if it is a Calcutta and any type of high quality rod, well I guess I will take credit for launching it in the water--haha. Actually the way the story goes is that I had one of those Flowage 60-inchers follow and I passed out, dropping my rod into the water.

Just kidding. Not my rod or reel, but I hope the rightful owner gets it back.

Dave Hardy