Thanks for the input John. I have a tip for you that might make your old jacket as good as new. Use a product called Revivex. It will make the outer layer of your jacket shed water and you'll be bone dry. A couple years ago I thought my old Simms Guide Jacket wasn't keeping the water out like it used to. I visited the Simms site and found instructions on how to find and repair a leak. I didn't find any. Back to the Simms site again, I learned about ReviveX. It'll make the water bead up on your shell. It's recommended by the W.L. Gore company, so this isn't some crazy Gore Tex treatment like you occasionally see on some of the message boards. Just Google 'ReviveX' and you'll find a ton of info that'll reassure you it's worth a try. The shell of my old Guide Jacket would get soaking wet on the outside but wouldn't leak, just like what you jacket is doing. Even though your jacket isn't leaking, you'll eventually get damp and clammy-feeling because the Gore Tex membrane can't work like it should and release water vapor that builds up near your body. After the ReviveX treatment, water beaded up and ran off my jacket, and I felt as bone dry as I did when it was new. A bottle will only cost you about $15