www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: trucks?

Question trucks?

I was wondering if its safe to drive my S-10 pick up out from Kippling. I've see a few trucks out there, but I don't want to be the one that followed the crowd and was wrong. I know about the regular areas of concern. Like around Butler's Is, and over by Sander's point. Those aside, is it safe out there, or should i stick to walking seeing as i don't have a quad or snow sled?
    Last edited by weekend jimmy; 01-08-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    Always better than a good day at work!!

I'm fishing about a mile out straight off of the landing.... my shack sits on 11 inches.

My tip up 30 ft away is on 7 inches.

I'd keep my truck off for right now.

Wink Trucks

Fished 1 mile south of Gladstone tonight had a smaller car drive by. Ice was 10 1/2 inch where I was. picked up 2 eye's one 20" jigging and the other 16" on tip up. Walleye Quinn...

Red face this morning

Thanks for the in put about driving out on the ice. I started the morning south of Gladstone right off the fishing pier area. I was in 40 fow. Maked a lot of fish. No takers. I walked out to there. I packed up at 10:30 and moved to the north bay off Kipling. I sat at the launch and watched all the trucks out there and decided to chance it. After I was out there and hearing the ice cracking under the weight of my truck and the also any truck that drove near me, I was starting to question my decission. I didn't go to far. Didn't have any problems other than the fish not biting!
    Always better than a good day at work!!