Wow.

I've also noticed a large increase in the bullheads. Usaully while fishing for dogfish or eyes I have to put up with them. Nothing of any size, maybe 1 to 1.5 lbs at best.

I got a little lost in the anti-bullhead rig. I got the use of foriegn bait (scents) salmon and tuna. In fact I've used shrimp for dog fish and very seldom get bullheads, and in the same spot while using chunk gills for dogfish I'll get alot of bullheads. Back to the rig. Use a 3 way swivel with the top line attach a lure (rapala or mepps) and to that attach a piece of shrimp or Tuna. Then on the other line attach a jig with a minnow and crawler combo?

I'm not for sure but I believe I've got one of these rigs ( snaged while fishing by the Somo tressel.
Have you been keeping the bullheads? They are pretty good to eat, just a pain to clean. You clean them like you would a dogfish. Also try smoking them.

I've tried the worm in minnows mouth before and found this to work at times.
Not sure why but I believe other fish are trying to get the worm, just like you see while fishing for smallmouth bass and another bass is following that bass in and trying to get that bait in its mouth. 3 to 4 times I've caught 2 bass on the same lure.

Thanks for the stories of fishing on the Mohawksin back in the days. I do remember Sportsman bar (has to be 20 years ago). I still have good walleye action by the tressel there and the area where the road to it was taken down is good for a smallie know and then.

Tight lines