www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Line advice

Default Line advice

Ive used Seaguar flourocarbon in the past, pricey. Any suggestions for relining my reels this year for a less expensive but effective alternative?
    lb test?
    color?
    Medic179

I have used Cabela's brand "no-vis" 20# on two trips to the Fl. Keys and it worked great. Held up well taking fish out of rocks and at a fair price.

If you can find it, I highly recommend Yo-zuri Hybrid. It's a nylon/fluorocarbon hybrid monofilament that's less expensive than 100% fluorocarbon. It has fantastic abrasion resistance and works well on both spinning and baitcasting reels.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

I agree with Chris...Yozuri Hybrid is a good, tough Flouro coated line, but can be squirrly in cold weather.

The pink Flouro carbon that Cabelas is closing out is the best I have ever fished...and that sentiment is shared by a lot of other Guides and fishermen I know. I think it is still available through their bargain barn at a great price!

I am a mono line fanatic and the newest and best out there is Endurance by Cortland. Small diameter (6# is .008), super strong, and supple even in 35 degree water.

Thats one you may want to add to your inventory Chris!