www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Little Bay bound

Default Little Bay bound

We head up a week for this Thrusday for 10 days of fishing. We did not do so well last year with keepers but are hopefull for this year. How is the fishing so far?

Red face

Walleye season doesn't open until 12:01 Friday so no one really knows yet. Perch fishing has been very slow... The tribal spearing on the area rivers has been slim also (not a bad thing IMHO).
    Friday and Saturday will have cold mornings...15 mph North winds on Sat will be tough but during the week the conditions will be good.
    I have been fishing LBDN for 30 years. I do not expect to turn things around overnight but I think the slot/limit has to be adjusted and hopefully increase yearly planting.
    None of this is going to happen w/o help from the Tribal Counsel for a long term agreement on netting/spearing limits...

We are so excited to get up there. I have been going up there for over 10 years and my dad and uncle have been going up for 20. It seems like through the years the declining water levels the fishing has gone downhill for us. Last year was a terrible year due to weather. We stay at The Vagabond which makes it easy for us to get to any area. Keep me updated on how you do this coming week. I would appreciate any tips/hotspots you could give me.