www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TV 6 Discovering

Default TV 6 Discovering

Did anyone watch Discovering last night?? Those perch were INSANE... I forgot that they catch them that big> over thier

No I didn't, but has anyone ever heard of Spirit Lake in North Central Iowa? I've heard that this year has been the best year ever out there. People were catching limits daily the entire winter, and they say the best fishing is later in the year. Like you said, wish it was like that around here.

That was quite the show by buck.

That was my ol' stompin' grounds. When I was young, 10-12?, a friend saw me throwing back 10" perch in another body of water and asked what I was doin? I was so used to the perch in Lake Gogebic I didnt know you could keep em smaller. I have caught .. years ago.. several over 2lbs and that was in the summer.

Nice to see the fishery is still hot.
    OK... 10 More Minutes

Default "Boy, you wish they had those down in little bay de noc"

Buck I beg to differ..

Last edited by Ifishok; 04-01-2009 at 06:11 PM.

True, the get that big here. But there certainly is not as many. I take a young man fishing with me occasionally from around here that took a 17" perch from Gogebic a few years back. That is only the second one of that size I've heard of in my lifetime. The other was from Stony Creek Lake (Oakland Co.?) back in the 70's. Here's something to chew on. They don't gill net on Gogebic.

Steve Horton
    These are the voyages of the S.S. Enterprise......to search out new weedbeds....to explore new reefs...to boldly go where no muskie fishermen have gone before.