www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice conditions

Exclamation Ice conditions

warning to anybody planning on fishing near the gladstone docks. there is very thin ice and pockets of open water where the barge came in earlier this winter... Use extreme caution in that area. Good luck fishing!
    Last edited by The Bait Shop Guy; 12-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks for the "heads up," Nick! With the thick fog, it has the makings of a very bad situation!
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Default ice was ok last night

we fished near saunders pt access we were on the northwest side of the chop ice formed from the barge and ice was around seven inches thick. there were about eight more people out towards the open hole that always forms not sure if its open this winter. lots of water and slush on the ice the roads were like rivers but ice should be fine long as the temps get down again... lost 2 at the hole and one nice about midway up... not sure why my hooks wouldnt stick i replaced my trebles with larger ones on my raps maybe it was my braided line? gonna switch lines today i think i know i iced fish last year with braid. oh well good luck out there and be carefull...

jerkbait

Default bend out

I bend my trebles out a bit and the ft and bk hooks.Still lose em at times but that will happen.Mostly I make adjustments for confidence.Everything helps a little.I also tie in about 4' of florocabon leader.Very sloppy and wet today,hard time w/snowmobiles.couple perch and small eye in 32' mud flats.jig rap ggt no bait .time 4 new boots!
    Last edited by jtourangeau; 12-28-2008 at 10:23 PM.