hey boys and girls

hope everything is going well on the water and you are seeing (maybe boating?) some good fish.

i have never owned my own boat before, and am looking at a used 2000 ranger R71. it looks like it is in mint shape inside and out, and i feel like i have a good price point locked up with the guy selling it and have talked to a few guys that are "ranger nuts" who are telling me to go for it. other than that i have researched as much as i can on-line with forums and chats. the motor that would come with it is a 115 hp johnson.

what i am looking for a decent boat to cast out of for smaller to medium sized water-typically 2 people will be bombing away...so the 17' 1" length isnt a problem. i fish as much as i can in the burnett/washburn/sawyer county area, with a little bit done in minnesota, rarely on the mille lacs and red lake sized waters.

if any of you guys have fished in the "R" series boats, or have input on johnson motors or ranger boats in general, please let me know what you think. i would really appreciate your opinions.