www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Disturbing News for PA Musky Fisherman!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Disturbing News for PA Musky Fisherman!!!

I got a disturbing email from a friend in Harrisburg today pertaining to the legality of certain types tackle used for catching muskies. It appears the powers-to-be are drafting a special regulation regarding in-line and safety pin spinner baits. According to my source, PA will outlaw any DOUBLE BLADED SPINNER-TYPE BAIT with blades larger than a #5 Colorado. The reason for this legislation is (and I quote) "it gives an unfair advantage to fisherpeople pursuing the elusive muskellunge". From the sounds of it, there have been too many trophy muskies caught in the Commonwealth over the past 5 years that have died as a result of these baits. According to my souce, "The delayed mortality of brood-stock muskies being caught has reached levels that have not been seen since single hook sucker rigs were popularized in the late-70's and early-80's."

If this new law is implemented, it will supposedly take effect at the beginning of the next fiscal year which will be July 1, 2009.

I am not sure how this can happen but I hope to have more information on this tomorrow. My source is calling a "friend" of his from the PFBC. So what is next, outlawing braided line and forcing us to use yarn or dental floss?? This is incredible.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 03-31-2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com