www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: HDS units

Default HDS units

Has anyone tried the new units yet? I'll be trying them out this weekend but don't know if the navionics chips are working with them yet. These are also my first Lowrance units so any tips on set-up are welcome. thanks

you should be able to go to the lowrance website and download an update so that the new HDS units will accept the navionics chips. you will have to download the update onto a blank chip then plug it in and upload it to your new unit.
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

muskihntr is correct, but I don't believe that update is going to be available until May 15th from what I've been told.

Aaron
    For the best prices and quickest shipping on musky tackle, visit Musky Tackle Online!
    http://www.muskytackleonline.com

Thanks guys, I guess I'll get to wait for Lowrance to post the update. I had heard it was going to be released in April. Now the dates the 5/15. The units worked well this weekend but not having the chips work sucks. On the other hand I went to Muncie Res. and the insight maps had contours for that lake but not Webster.

I see the update is on the Lowrance site. I'll try it out when I get back from the classic.