www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Phantom, Hellhound, or Warlock

Default Phantom, Hellhound, or Warlock

Anyone have any opinions on glide baits? I originally was thinking of getting another manta, but have since decided to open up my mind to a few other conciderations. I am leaning towards the phantom a little shorter and heavier than the hellhound and I would presume that would transfer into a larger profile. Also, how do these things do in current? I am not planning on hitting any heavy current but if I do I want something that will be decent. Also, colors I am looking for a natural color so throw those in if you want.

Thanks!

Jacob

I like the phantom and hellhounds, along with mantas too. The hellhounds really get a nice side to side action and can scoot around up and down to. The phantoms are a little tighter side to side action but also a nice bait...I prefer black and natural colors like perch and walleye..

Hellhounds Rock. You can work them very easy. Very slow or fast. T the front hook. Perch and shiner.

Default Gliders

One of my favorite gliders is called the sweet 150, Its made by the Ace Bait Company. Those things are very easy to use and they catch fish as well! I can't believe more people don't use them. They're Awsome!

Brian

I do not own a Warlock but have heard good things about them. As far as Hellhounds and Phantoms are concerned, they are both very nice baits. The soft-tail Phantom can be worked slower since the tail provides more drag on the glide. The soft-tail rides higher in the water column and sinks slower than the hard tail, of course.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

If you are looking for another glider that performs very well, give the Amma Bamma's or Jones' baits a look as well. I picked up a few of both at the Butler show and they look very nice in the water.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com