PDA

View Full Version : Muskie???

greg_rich
06-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Wayne, and Dick, i love getting all of your fishing reports, and pictures, but now it is Muskie season, do you have any of those giants in pictures yet. By the way, this question is everyone, what is your largest Muskie ever, and if there is a storie, please share! My pearants and i see you all on August 27th good fishing.

GREG

Jratthelake
06-23-2009, 05:48 PM
My Biggest Musky was 50 inches and weighed close to 40 lbs, I was by myself and it was dark. I had a camera with a remote and a tripod so I was able to get a picture with the fish, I had casted a Creeper earlier in the evening and saw the fish but would not take the bait, I came back to the same spot about 45 minutes later, just as the sun was going down and made a cast with a black maribou musky killer, no more than 5 or 6 cranks and the fish hit.

I will post pictures as I get them but I dont get a lot of opprotunities during the days and half of the evenings I will go out by myself and when I am by myself I will boatside release any fish under 45 inches, but hopefully I can get some shots from others to post and I will certainly try to get some up in the next week or so, I have included a picture of the fish I was talking about as well as a series of photos of a successfull release, both fish were out of the water for a total of about 30 seconds. Remember with a little care and some common sense most releases should go well.

Take care and see you in August.