View Full Version : 6/23 Hot day on the water.

Jerry Tipping
06-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Boy was it hot out there today! Not a cloud in the ski and just like an oven.
Trolling was hot as well. In 5 hours we boated 7 keeper walleyes, six in the slot, only 5 crappies and over 40 whitebass, catfish, sheephead and another big carp.
Temps are supposed to cool so it will be a little more comfortable out there.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Pvanden
06-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Fished the rock off and on. If you do not have live bait, minnows, they are not interested! We only caught 2 white bass there.

As a result we then fished lake Decorah, caught 2 big walleyes over 28 inches using a wild eye swim bait. And many more in the slot limit. All were released.

Then fished Redstone, 2 smallmouth and 1 Northern No size to these fish.

Moved to Dutch Hollow, this lake was hot! caught many bass and Northerns on X-raps 8 with a pink back a dark red rattle trap was also productive.

Tried lake Jordan, a few small bass and as many small northerns.

Besure that you are legal if going to Redstone or Dutch hollow, the DNR and Police are doing full boat checks on these lakes. we were never checked but mostly wisconsin residence and skiers.

good luck up there, see you later this year.

kabseeker
06-30-2009, 11:40 AM
My wife and I were out with Jerry this day, and it was an oven. We only had our 2nd pole in the water when we nailed a nice slot. During the 5 hours out Jerry only had all 8 poles in the water twice because we were nailing them so quick, it was a blast. Jerry definetly knows what he's doing and took the time to share his tips with us. He gave us a good education on planers. I would definetly recommend him.