View Full Version : Dennis the Ranger still on the TFF?

Lips
06-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Someone's earlier thread mentioned a new ranger.......is Dennis still working the TFF? If not, anyone know what happened? I always thought he was a great guy to have watching over the flowage. And a stark contrast from the woman that used to be there!

ski2313
06-22-2009, 11:27 AM
A few of the guys that manage the flowage are retiring from the DNR from what I've heard.. Roger, Dennis, and one of the biologists is what I was told. "Josh" is the new ranger, and he's been patrolling the flowage with Dennis for awhile now. I believe Josh will have that job to himself in July sometime.

BlueRanger
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Josh takes over from Dennis on July 1. Senior Fisheries Biologist Jeff Roth is retiring around the end of the year. TFF Property Manager Roger Jasinski is retiring sometime this year, and I believe Jeff said one of his fisheries technicians and Stuart the warden are also retiring this year. From what Jeff told me, the DNR is currently under a hiring freeze, so these positions may not be filled for a while unless DNR personnel elsewhere in the state want to transfer "sideways" to relocate.

mooselegs
06-22-2009, 08:36 PM
A friend and I fished the TFF the first week of June. We got a chance to extend our "best retirement wishes" to Dennis; he is a class act person and will certainly be missed in this capacity.

Also got a chance to meet Josh......he too is a fine young professional and will do well as a replacement for Dennis.