PDA

View Full Version : June 19th 20th report big fish

Ty Sennett
06-21-2009, 05:44 AM
The bigger fish have started going good. On the 19th I had Mike Stecker and Rob out. Mike boated a 40 inch fish and lost one the same size. I boated a 34 inch tiger and lost a forty inch plus fish right at the boat. We also had quite a few others follow and hit that we didn't get.

On the 20th Rachel and I fished together and I had three follows right away and then Rachel hooked into a really good fish. I went to scoop the fish into the net and the fish dove at the last second and long story short I blew the net job on a fish in the forty pound range. That would have been one of the top three or four I've ever had in the boat. Now it's just a story. I felt terrible. We had it laying on top of the net with the net bag all twisted up and nothing I could do. At the next spot she had one follow that was about the same size but not as heavy. Then she boated a 45 inch fish right after that. I caught a small one later in the day and we had a few other follows. I think Rachel is gooing to put some pics up this morning while I'm out guiding.

Good luck everyone,

Frazier
06-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Hi Ty -

Sorry to hear about Rachel's fish that got away. It reminds me when Jackie Smith dropped a sure TD pass from Roger Staubach in the Super Bowl:

"Aw, bless his heart, he's got to be the sickest man in America" <<--TY

Get em next time.
--Frazier

RobertTB
06-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Great report, Ty. Sometimes ya' gotta' have one of the "bad" days to really appreciate the good days ! (In my book, seeing them like y'all did this day would be a great day, even with the oops.) Get 'em next time. You know, you could consider it a very successful release. Way to be Rachel.

scottwebster
06-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Ty, when she puts the pic up of her fish can we play guess the spot for a new Pacemaker??!!! I put the bait where you told me to leave it. Thanks alot.
Scott

Ty Sennett
06-22-2009, 06:25 AM
I'll save it for this winter Scott. Then you can get a free bait. Technically it wouldn't be cheating. You just have more insight on the spot beings you saw her catch it.

Thanks for the comments guys. I still can't believe I botched that fish for Rachel. Never done that before.

twells
06-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Ty,
What is it that Rachel does differently then the rest of us? It seems that she has a nack for hooking into big fish. We rarely hear of a small fish from her but lots of big ones. Does she do anything differently that the rest of us don't or is she flat out lucky. Anyways good to hear the bigger fish are going. Plus it is a nice bonus to hook your wife up with some really good fish. Good luck fishing the rest of the season to both you and your clients.

Ray Perry
06-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Twells have you ever seen Rachel? Ya she isn't that big so you put her with a 30 inch fish and it looks like it's in the high 40's. I bet that Tiger she is holding on Esox Mag. is only about 35 inches :).

And Ty when I come up let Fidler handle the net job on all my fish!

Hope the summer is going well

Ray

twells
06-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Ray,
I am not talking about the size of Ty's fish compared to him:). It just seems that Rachel lands some monsters though and yes she is not big at all.

Ty Sennett
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I have hooked into a few nice fish, but believe me there are plenty of small fish in between those bigger ones. I have been pretty unlucky for the amount of big fish I've boated compared to time spent on the water. Especially when your guide botches the net job on the biggest fish of your life. (Sorry Ty, had to throw that one in there!) I don't think I do anything different than anyone else. I just try to watch what Ty does and remember everything he tells me.

And Ray, I want my creeptonite back for the comment you made about my tiger:)

Rachel

Ty Sennett
06-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Truth be told the reason Rachel does well on big fish is because she is really good at a lot of different baits. If the fish are hitting Suicks, she is great at working those. If the fish are hitting topwater, she is one of the best I've seen on those. Twitchbaits, she's great at. Pretty much any bait you give her she has the time in to know how to get the most out of each one. And probably most important, she has a quick strong hookset so the fish are usually hooked good. Now if she only had an 'extreme net man'. Maybe we can order one of those online.

Gary Brady
06-25-2009, 07:16 AM
I think she learned her powerful hookset from me and the 81 pounder that snapped our line on Pete's:D If you do get one of those Extreme Net Men then get the Gladiator so she has someone to keep her company while you're guiding. He looks like a great conversationalist!!

Ray Perry
06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Ty, the way you make it sound Rachel should be the one out guiding, and you at home slaving down in the basement making baits?

Ray

Ty Sennett
06-26-2009, 07:30 AM
You guys are just too funny. Ha Ha Ha:rolleyes: I expect that from you two though.