PDA

View Full Version : New Custom Bait Box from Muskie Bumper

Mike Hulbert
06-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Earlier this spring after Mark and Tony made my extra wide bump board, I told them I had another idea in mind...something that I've wanted for a long time. By late April they had it for me, and I couldn't be happier with their results.

I wanted an extra large tackle box, bigger than anything out there that would hold more baits and keep them in place while traveling down the road or on the water. No more hooks getting all caught up together, no more jamming a few baits into a small square, I wanted a HUGE box with BIG squares.

My box measures just over 55 inches in length and is the exact height of my back deck. What is also pretty dang cool is Mark added little "runners" on the bottom of the box to keep it elevated off the drag and to keep it up off the back seat pedestals. I just got done packing it up for the summer months and after I had it full I had over 175 baits in this thing. An entire season worth of baits, at my finger tips. It also has handles on the sides to pick it up and small slots on each side by the handles to hold release tools. It is built like a tank and super solid. One more thing is each square has 5 holes drilled into the bottom to allow drainage.

They are building them now, size specific for any boat or any size you want. Their website is still being built, so calling them is the best way to reach them. Their numbers are, MARK: 260-385-2702 and TONY: 260-410-5474

Sorry for such a long post, but I couldn’t' be happier with this amazing "PENALTY BOX" they build me.

rustyman
06-21-2009, 04:11 PM
They should make a snap on cover for the box. My storage boxes are the plano ex-larges. Got them on sale at menards for 3.99. I only have about 50 baits give or take though. Other than that the deck of my boat is the storage. I love the hooks getting stuck in the carpet, it makes me laugh.

fishinfor50
06-26-2009, 09:53 AM
that is a nice box, i would buy one in a heartbeat but unfortinatly i fish out of a bass boat so this wouldnt benifit me but it did give me some ideas as to build a box for my boat.