PDA

View Full Version : Jig Pitchin' Fun!!! Sat. June 20th

CaptainKenLee
06-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Got a chance to take a couple of friends fishing this morning. We only fished until a little after 10 a.m., but the fishing was pretty decent. We were pitching 1/4 oz. jigs tipped with crawler halves in shallow weeds where yesterday's wind had some dirty water pushed up tight to the weeds. In our three hours of fishing we landed 7 keepers and several undersized fish along with two huge carp and a sheepshead. Our best luck for keepers came between 9 and 10 after the sun got up and warmed up the water a little. It's a fun way to fish, hand to hand combat with ol' marble eyes. Fish wer still biting when we had to come in. Here's a couple pictures of today's catch. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

jigginfins
06-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I was wondering if you could possible point me in the right direction on some good patches of weeds to fish in the bay. Im getting sick of trolling where ever i go this year. Numbers are not producing.

So i want to do something different.

Last year i spent a day jiggin in august along the deep drop on the east side in the open bay and fun, but would like to know of a different area for this time of year.

If you could, not to specific, Just a north or south or on the reefs, i can then narrow it down i think.

Just the general direction, because you would be the one guy to ask.

Thanks TC

CaptainKenLee
06-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I'll shoot you a pm, good luck fishing!

CaptainKenLee
06-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Sorry Jigginfins, I tried to send you a pm, but it said you were not allowed to receive them or you weren't set up to receive them. Shoot me an e-mail.

info@icedarter.com

jigginfins
06-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry, it used to work, i have gotten one in the past

Anyways its jigginfins@yahoo.com

Mikew2009
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Ken, we need to do this again! had a blast, especially fightin the monster carp. Thanks Again for the fun and fish!! Mike