PDA

View Full Version : Bass De Nocs! : )

DARTHBAITER
06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Returned to my "homeland" to escape work and reality in cheeseland, but still got my friendly BS from Mr. SeeWahl of Bay View Bait. Wouldn't be a trip "back home" without it.

Therapy/Rehab from Red Wings loss in the Stanley Cup....*ow*

Anyway, fished very early TUE AM June 17th on Big Bay from 6am to 1pm. Went with my Uncle who lives on the Big Bay side of Stoninghton (sw?) We caught 22 bass and 1 walleye. Launched from Namah. Used cranks. Kept the boat in 8 to 12 FOW and ran the cranks from 6 FOW to the 12 FOW. Fished from Popular Point, Porcupine Point, and to where the mouth of the Fishdam River dumps into Big Bay. 16 of the 22 bass were 11" to 13 5/8" [The "JV" bass]. the other six were 14" up to 19". The one walleye was 22inches. All bass caught and released. The walleye made a really good broiled sandwich later on.

Connected with Mr. SeeWahl later that evening and we fished the Esky river.
Fished upstream by the houses toward the bridge. I think it was 15 or so bass between the two of us in just about 2hrs of fishing. Most were 11" to the 13" plus range. Had a few in the 16" to 18" range. Used a White 1/4oz spinnerbait and my favorite crankbait a Manns Baby -1 in "Sexy Shad", called SEX-A in my boat. I also call Mr. SeeWahl, Mr. Senko. He borrowed and used one of my holographic black/silver Manns Baby -1 baits and caught two or three, including last bass of the night.....

I love catching and releasing bass. I fishing the Door County area intensely and the Bass de Nocs (Ford and Esky Rivers included) too from very late May to about Fathers Day weekend too and I feel fortunate to have such a fishery to do so.

Tight lines and lots of fish to you all, I think summer is finally here to stay.
DARTH BAITER5422

DARTHBAITER
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Here is that one 22" walleye caught bass' on BBay..I had to crop it down to get it to the KB limit of this site....

Doesn't it just look tasty......

Thx. DARTHBAITER

Jerkbait-PA
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Nice report Baiter!

Sorry about the wings. I’m a Flyers fan and I don’t like the ice birds much so I was pulling for the wings myself and I don’t even like them!

I will be in the Up next week and plan to hit the ford for bass. I might even try the Esky one night. Depends on how much work I have to do after work. I’ll be hooking up with some folks from Quad Citys. If they want to entertain themselves I’ll be at the rivers every evening and may even hit the point after dark.

Jerkbait-PA

DARTHBAITER
06-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Mr. JBPA:

I send my BEST towards you and your crew for an awesome time catching (and hopefully releasing [but what you do with your five 14" or larger basses is your business]) with the Bass of the rivers that dump into and the flats and breaks of the Bays De Noc.

Manns -1 cranks are so fun in the rivers and SexyA (sexy shad), Lemon and Holograhic shad are bass river favorites. The Oconto and Peshtigo river bass like to play with them too.

Catching the unexpected walleye or walleyes is always fun too.

One day I will be Bays de Noc bass fishing and c&r a load of smallies, 3 decent keeper walleyes, and snag and keep an unopened full jug of Crown Royal, while fishing with Sara Evans and Faith Hill...[my wife said I could : ) ]
Sorry FishMaster SeeWahl - you don't seem to be on that trip! > : )

I think I am day dreaming while I reply post again.....safe trips with your limits of lunkers all Bays De Noc fishing peoples. DARTH Baiter.

bignoccursg
06-22-2009, 04:26 PM
speaking of bass. Check out this one I caught on Big Bay DeNoc on fathers day. 23 1/4 inches
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/bignoccursg/BigNoCcursFathersdayweekend010.jpg

we did catch a few walleye too.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/bignoccursg/BigNoCcursFathersdayweekend001.jpg