PDA

View Full Version : Friday June 19th Report

CaptainKenLee
06-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Just when you think you have a gameplan, the fish have other ideas. Today's half-day trip was with Ken, Ben and Janie from the Marquette area. We started out pitching jigs / crawlers where I picked up a nice limit of fish Wed. afternoon. I didn't even have my line wet when Ben had a nice fish on. Unfortunately it ended up biting him off. Not too long after that I caught a nice keeper and we had several undersized fish as well as many sheepshead. We then headed up to the north end to troll bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses. We picked up a sucker, some undersized walleyes, and one keeper doing this. After a short bathroom break we had just enough time to try one more spot. Bingo...fish on! We were drifting a weed edge with floating jig heads tipped with a 2 inch piece of crawler. We only had time for one drift and picked up 4 keepers, lost several, and released some undersized fish as well. I think if we'd had more time we could have done fairly well, unfortunately our day was over. Who says walleyes don't bite at high noon? Here's a picture of today's catch, not the biggest fish in the world, but some nice eaters. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

raywriter
06-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I've been finding that pattern producing "middle of the day" fish as well. Deep weed edge and slightly beyond is probably going to be good for the next week plus... I'm still getting some nice perch out deeper as well. Bumping bottom with my weight seems to be a key. Stirring up the bottom silt looks like a winner just as it often is when watching a walleye under the ice with a camera while winter fishing.