PDA

View Full Version : June 17th and 18th report

Ty Sennett
06-19-2009, 06:40 AM
I had some really good fishermen out on the morning of the 17th and we got totally blanked. Just one of those things. We hit some great spots and it just wasn't meant to be.

I had Chester "Chet" and Eric out for the rest of the day. We had a nice follow right away on a Ghosttail and ended up seeing four others. Most of the fish were on spots we had already hit in the morning. Nothing in the boat for that day.

On the 18th I had Chet and Eric again. Besides Chet snagging Eric in the head with a Pacemaker we didn't see a fish all day. A little blood never hurt anyone. Right at the end of the day Chet had a nice fish follow a Pacemaker and then it followed Eric in also. At the next spot I caught a 35 incher. At the next spot we had two follow in. One came in twice. Then we called it a day. I have to say, for an 85 year old guy with two replaced knees and a shattered ankle, Chet never complained once about anything. I know a lot of others that would have been feeling sorry for themselves but not ole' Chet. Good stories to go with a long day without fish until the very end. The weird thing was the fishing started to pick up right when all the dark clouds went away and the sun popped out. Who'd a thunk it?

deantre
06-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I would bet the cold spring/summer has em hunkered down and a bit of sun feels good to them and gets them moving. Go get em Ty, expecting you to get a really big un this year

Ty Sennett
06-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Thanks Dean. I'm hoping we get something big also.