PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bucher Blues Fest: TODAY!

Pete Stoltman
06-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Hey gang, my band, Big Road will be performing at this years Blues Fest. Get out your calendar and block off July 25 for a rockin' good time. This year the fest will be a benefit to help support the athletic teams at Northland Pines (Eagle River) high school. The location for this event is the St. Germain Community Park just north of Hwy. 70 on 155. Big Road will be onstage at 5:00 pm. Full information on the fest can be found on Joe's website here:
http://www.joe-bucher.com/pages/blues-fest-2009.php
If you want to check out Big Road visit our website which includes some video and music clips at www.myspace.com/bigroadband
Hope a lot of you make it to this event. It's gonna be a blast!

Pete Stoltman
06-26-2009, 05:50 AM
As mentioned in another post, we have some tickets available to give away to RFRG listeners. Brush up on your blues knowledge and listen in this Sunday when we give away the first set of tickets to some lucky listener. We will be giving out "Blues Clues" during the show and whoever jumps in with the correct answer will be going to the show for free.

Mark Benson
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Pete:

Why is something ALWAYS GOING ON the same time as this event??? First it was work, now it has become vacation!!! Good luck on that weekend!!! By the way are you playing in two or more bands that weekend???

Mark

Pete Stoltman
06-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Bummer Mark, sure wish you could be here to catch the show. Hey don't worry I've got tons of other gigs coming up and while you may miss out on the BBQ there is still ample opportunity for good musical events. And....yes I will be playing in at least two and probably three bands that day. The drummer who replaced me in the Usual Suspects has to be out of town and the guys have asked me to sit in with them. Then, of course I'll be doing the set with my band Big Road. As soon as we finish the set at Blues Fest, Mark (guitar and lead vocals) and I have to run up to Land-O-Lakes to play an evening street dance with Mama's Little Hippies. That is going to be one crazy day.

Mark Benson
06-27-2009, 01:21 PM
oh my on the band thing...

Mark

Pete Stoltman
07-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Hey, today's the day.Hope to see a bunch of RFRG folk, maybe some Chiggers, and of course the winners of the Blues Clues tickets at the fest. Joe tells me there will also be some representatives of various fishing related products with booths showing their stuff and available to talk tackle with you. I believe both Frabill and St. Croix will be there and possibly some others.

If you're up further north and not able to make it down to St. Germain, you may want to consider stopping up at the Stateline in Land O Lakes to catch the street dance with Mama's Little Hippies tonight. Or if you're on the Manitowish Chain tomorrow I'll be playing a 4:00 show at the park on Rest Lake right across from the Pea Patch bar and grill. Come by boat or car for that concert with Big Road. Hope everyone has a great weekend!