PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Report: June 6-13, 2009

Justin Gaudry
06-15-2009, 09:22 AM
The week of June 6 started off a bit slow as the cold, wet spring hung on for dear life and gave us a few more days of miserable weather. By Tuesday though, things started looking up. The weather broke and fishing got better with each day of stable weather.

Walleyes were (and still are) the hottest bite on the lake with more fish over 25 inches than we can count. Many fish 27 inches and above as well, but nobody from Mylie's or that comes for gas/bait mentioned breaking the the 30 inch barrier during the week.

The fish were still pretty scattered, biting at various depths from 10-35 feet. The majority of the bigger walleyes have still been coming out of 20 feet and deeper. Miles Bay, Firebag, Sandy Bay, and Dawson are some of the hottest areas. There has been some good action close to the resort as well, but when the weather is perfect, a boat ride adds to the overall experience up here.

When the bite is on, the type of bait doesn't seem to matter as much, but we still sell way more minnows than leeches. There hasn't been many people using crawlers this week, but the few that have some along say they have been working too.

Bass was a little spotty early, but picked up during the week. One boat with 2 anglers had a 43 fish day throwing for smallies, with the majority of those fish being 17-18 inchers.

Many muskies and northers were picked up by those anglers throwing for bass and jigging for walleyes again this week. The biggest of the two were a 51 inch muskie (caught by a bass angler on a small crank bait with 12 pound line) and a 40" northern caught (and released) on a jig with 8 pound line.

As muskie openers comes near, us muskie nuts are getting excited about getting out to chase them around the lake. The warming water temps and sunshine will speed up the weed growth and slow the rise of the lake through evaporation so that the weeds can "catch up" to the water level.

With the numbers of muskies hitting walleye presentations deep and bass presentations on shorelines, we're hopeful that opening weekend will produce some good action.

Visit the Mylie's Place Resort website for a pile of picture updates in the coming days. We really have some great walleye photos collected over the past week and I'll start loading them a few at a time while people are out on the lake enjoying the great weather.

What a change a week makes!! This is the kind of weather and fishing that people dream about all winter long.

We'll see you up here soon!

Mr. Garbage
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
I would like to thank the staff at Mylies for accomadating the 1st Annual "BFI" Fishing Trip. Although, we did not catch any big ones (this could not have been due to the guide, as he is and always will be a fantastic fisherman), we had a great, and amazing time!!!!

If you have not been at Mylies, I must tell you, you are missing out. The cabins are imaculate, the view of the lake is outstanding, and the lead dock hand knows how to make you feel at home.........even tough he sends you on wild goose chases to catch fish!!!!!!

BFI and Friends hope to be there for Muskie Fishing this Fall!!!!!

PS I wasnt sure how to submit my own post........