PDA

View Full Version : June 13th Report

CaptainKenLee
06-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Today's trip was more than just another 5 hour charter trip, I got the chance to spend some quality time with a good friend of my wife's and her father. Cori and Terry were on board today, and even though the fish didn't cooperate the way I would have liked, we still had a good time, and the weather was awesome. We left the Gladstone Yacht Harbor around 6:30 a.m. and headed north to try and figure out these goofy walleyes. We started trolling crankbaits where we caught a couple of fish yesterday, and the fish sure were there, however, they weren't in a biting mood. We then switched to Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses trolled behind bottom bouncers and the fish slowly started coming to the boat. I-62 was the best color for us today. Unfortunately, most of the fish were on the small side, but we did get some nice quality fish with one at 26, another at 25, a 22 1/2, and an 18. The mission was to get enough for a fish fry tonight...mission accomplished! The fish seemed to get more active once the wind started blowing a little, and I think if we'd stayed out longer we could have had a better catch. I didn't find numbers of fish until about an hour to go in the trip. Here's a picture of Cori and her dad with some beautiful walleyes! Sure is nice to finally have some warm weather. The water temperature finally got up over the 60 degree mark...it's about time!!! Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.