PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update

Jratthelake
06-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Today was definitly one of the nicest days yet. We had a mix of sun and cloud with a high of about 62 before the clouds moved in. Fishing was very good in the morning, things are stabilizing, more fish showing up in places they have not been and we are just starting to see noticable weedgrowth in some areas.

We are catching Walleye on mudflats as well as on the rock humps and points. We have noticed an invasion of small 10 or 11 inch Walleyes in some spots but for the most part we are catching fish in the 16 to mid 20 inch range. We are also seeing more and BIG Perch mixed in with Walleyes, we have had most of our success for Perch in the late afternoon. Jigs tipped with live bait, jiggingspoons tipped with small plastics or nothing at all and small cranks ar all taking fish.

The Pike have been of the past few days with a few smaller fish being caught, we expect as the water returns to normal water temps for the time of year we will see an increase in activity, for now fish small and slow.

Sure was nice fishing in a t-shirt today, more nice weather on the way, take care on the water and good fishin.

Ed Petro
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Nice pictures Wayne.

Since you are the resident photographer of WBC, I suggest that you create a contest whereby you take a photograph of an area and have our guest guess the location. The one who is first to guess 10 spots gets a free week at camp.........only kidding Steve and Gail.

Jratthelake
06-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Here is the deal Ed, I will post 3 photos, lets say Thursday night, and who ever is the first to chime in with the correct spots wins. I will put up a spool of Bioline and a long sleeve shirt to the winner, how does that sound? If all goes well we can do it once a week and mix up the prizes a bit.

Ed Petro
06-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds good Wayne, Bio Line? Does that mean that you tell us your life story in one sentence? Or is that really a product?
My guesses before I even see the pictures: Gull Rock, The Cross, and Three Sisters.

Jratthelake
06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey you might not recognize Gull Rocks now, I will make it interesting and challenging, and Bioline is an actual product. I'll post the pics tomorrow night.