PDA

View Full Version : June 6th and 7th report

Ty Sennett
06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
On the morning of the 6th we fish a little lake north of the Chip and caught four muskies and lost one other. We saw a half dozen others or more maybe. A couple were decent sized ones but most were small.

I had a different group for the rest of the day. We got on the Chip a little after noon and the bite was already over. Most people we talked to caught fish in the morning. We froze our butts off and got wet in the rain. i thought we would get crushed on topwater but it didn't happen. It looked perfect out. It could have been a little warmer out I guess.

Yesterday we changed to walleye fishing for the day. Between the four of us we all caught limits of walleyes. We threw back about a 23 incher and a handfull of 13 inchers and kept some good eaters. We hooked one muskie on a crankbait that looked like a nice fish. We also had a muskie grab a northern when we were reeling it in. That was kind of funny. Jarod, who is going into high school next fall, looks back and says "I think I have a big one" and the line is slowly peeling off his reel. Not much he could do about it. We got the pike back and it was chewed up good. Jarod also caught a small muskie later that day. We had a blast and the walleye, smallmouth bass, pike, crappie and even muskie were hitting pretty good on crankbaits. As cruddy as the weather was we managed to move a lot of fish.