PDA

View Full Version : Friday Nite Bite

RudyG
06-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Late start again... Got lines out about 9:00PM... solo

Wind was from the N had been strong South for the last two days.. changed around noon to 5-15 MPH "A good Walleye chop" 55 degrees w/ a Surface temp of 56-58 Trolled 3 lines, J-9 Raps "Chartruese, and Firetiger" in 7-12 FOW off boards. Lots of traffic and wind gusts made the solo trip a challenge.
Trolled till 11PM without a hit and the wind kept gusting from the West to make it tough. then I finally got bit and it was a nice one.. 24" off "Lucky Lure" Again!! "20 year old J-9 Charteuse 65 feet back" Didnt run it at first.. put it out after about 45 mins of nuttin.

Wind was kickin up pretty good from the west now and making boat control a pain! Packed up around midnight without another hit. doubt too many guys are anxious to get out with me the way they are comin in my boat..lol. Salmon maybe next weekend in Fairport.. I HOPE!!

For all the boats that were out there I didnt see a whole lot of action.. in fact the one I did get, hit while I was inside the cuddy doing a quick repair on my bow light wire, "Loose connection", Came out and found the rod bent.
By that time, most guys had already packed up, only a few boats left out.

jerkbait
06-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Ed,

just thought id let ya know how my fishins been. wed night i went out at around 845pm and trolled 6-7ft almost to fishery pt. had 4 in the boat on that pass so i figured id turn her around and troll back home till i got my 5th. while i was making my turn one rod went off got that one in sight and the other board started pullin drag. got that one about half way to the net and noticed my long line straight out the back was bendin my pole in half. ended up landing my first tripple all by myself went 7 for 7 and threw back the two 17inchers had 4 from 19-22 and one at 23.25" all in all was off the water in 45mins. with a big ol smile a walleye grin and home by 1045pm sooner than i would have been had i stayed at work the whole night...;)

jerkbait
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
heres my 45 min limit from last wednesday like i said best fishing ive seen in three years but my experience and knowledge has also multiplied in those 3 years. cant wait for some warm sunshine man this weather shoulda been hear in april not mid june.

jerkbait

RudyG
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Real Nice Dave! When ya gonna teach me a few of those tricks?? :)