PDA

View Full Version : Glide Baits

ryanmitchell
06-02-2009, 08:27 PM
What are some good glide baits on the Hayward Lakes? I am looking at a Bitten Warlock. I have 2 Mantas that I need more practice with. Hellhounds, Slammers?? Any colors work better on the flowage lakes like Teal, Lost Land or the Chips.

I want my brothers to throw top water and bucktails, while I throw some twitchers, gliders and cranks.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

CRAPPIANO
06-02-2009, 08:43 PM
minnow/twitch baits - Slammer, Big Game or Crane
don't forget about Suick's

gliders - AP or Undertaker (manta's are a good search bait, just aren't very erratic, too 'stale')

Ty Sennett
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
AP Lures, Phantoms, Undertakers, Warlocks. There are a ton of different gliders on the market. They all do the same thing with a little variation to each. Everyone has their own preference as to which one is better and what colors work better. Confidence is key so just get the one you feel will work the best for you.

ryanmitchell
06-03-2009, 11:07 AM
I think I will try a Warlock and work with the 2 Mantas I have for now. If I don't enjoy using the lures itself what is the purpose right. I would like to find one of those Undertakers though, they look nice. Thanks.

Are you available the 11th or 12th?

Ty Sennett
06-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Sorry, nothing open then.

ryanmitchell
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
What kind of leader do you use for gliders like the Hellhound, Warlock, and Manta? Shorter flouro or a straight wire leader roughly the size of the bait? Also what is your rod length preference for working glide baits. I have a 6'6" heavy that I plan on using. It may not be ideal, but it should work OK, right?

Ty Sennett
06-08-2009, 08:46 AM
I use a straight wire leader for gliders. They usually hit up front on the bait so flourocarbon can get cut on occasion. use one about 12 inches in length and you'll be fine. That rod will work fine. That was a long rod a few years back.