PDA

View Full Version : Trolling on Mohawksin

BigBill
06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I know you cant troll on the Lake side but can you use a trolling motor and Walleye crawler harness's? Is that the same thing as trolling?

Thanks for any input.

MVB
06-03-2009, 06:26 AM
From the DNR website:

In the state of Wisconsin, trolling is prohibited on all waters unless specifically authorized.

The prohibition stands regardless of the type of motor used. In fact, "sail" trolling is also prohibited. According to NR 20.03(40) of the Wisconsin Administrative Code, "troll" or "trolling" means:

"Fishing by trailing any lure, bait or similar device that may be used to attract or catch fish from a boat propelled by a means other than drifting or rowing."

BigBill
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I did find this on the DNR site.

Motor Trolling Waters in Wisconsin
Please consult the current hook and line regulations for the complete list of regulations which apply to these waters.

Trolling is currently allowed on the following inland waters:

All waters of Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Dane, Douglas, Grant, Iowa, LaFayette, Polk, Racine, Richland, Rusk, Taylor, Washburn and Waukesha Counties;
the Wisconsin River including sloughs, bayous and flowages from County Highway A downstream (east of Tomahawk, WI in Lincoln County), excluding Lake Mohawksin, and excluding that portion of the Castle Rock Flowage north of the County Highway G bridge;
the Chippewa river including sloughs, bayous and flowages up to the flowing portion of all tributary streams from the Holcombe flowage, Chippewa county, downstream;
the Fox River from Buffalo Lake downstream to the DePere Dam, and

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
06-03-2009, 10:37 PM
You can troll from the 4th street bridge (By Aquatic Arts) up to Kings Dam only, the rest of Mohawksin is closed, Lake Alice is open to trolling up to the County A Bridge. If you are draging a line by means of a motor that is considered trolling, you can position your boat but the line must remain vertical in the water or removed from the water it cannot be dragged. This is what I was told.

Dave

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
No using the trolling motor would make it illegal, you can use oars!

Dave