PDA

View Full Version : St Clair opens for Muskie this Sat 6th

Roughneck
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Finally the first Saturday of June is about here. The weather doesn't look too bad for the weekend. The lake looks in pretty good shape and should clean up some more, especially if we get some east winds. I have attached a satelite picture from 5-31, the last day with no clouds.
There is a bunch of road construction on the way up there. Single lane on I-75 north bound, north of Monroe, this can be bad during peak times.
Then both EC Row and Hwy 401 have single lanes and construction areas in the Windsor area.
The exit to Belle River is closed on the east bound 401. Either get off at Puce exit or take EC Row. The Deerbrooke exit 40 is open.
Remember that Passports or passport cards are required as of June 1 to get back into the USA.
Also, it is a good idea to get a Sport fishing license, because a Conservation license doesn't allow possession of a Muskie. This means that you can't, according to the regs, bring a Muskie on board to measure or take a picture. I know it's a technicality, but it sure would be a shame if you had a 50"er in the net and a Conservation officer watching you to make sure you immediately released it. The CO's enforced that rule last fall during the PMTT on the Canadian side of the Detroit river.
Good luck,
Mark

St Clair Hound
06-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Only 4 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a looooooooooong winter.

St Clair Hound
06-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Well guys overall it was not a bad weekend opener. Altho I did not do well on Saturday the wife and I went out Sunday and went 3 for 5 . All little guys. I will say this tho. There is one happy camper from Ohio who was up this weekend but I won't ruin his thunder.