PDA

View Full Version : May 29th report

Ty Sennett
05-31-2009, 07:38 AM
I had long time client John Rashke out on the 29th for a half day in the afternoon and we boated two muskies right off the bat. They were 30 and 37 1/2 inches and were caught on Big Game twitchbaits. That was all the action we had. Kind of weird. we had both fish in five minutes and then nothing. for the next four hours. I had another half day muskie trip in the evening with a youngster, his dad, and his grandfather. Well to make a long story short we made it through the first spot before the young guy lost his attention span. Actually more like the first two casts. I decided muskie fishing wasn't a good idea for them. They had me booked for three days of muskie fishing. Here's a hint for any dad that want's to take his kid muskie fishing with any guide. Start out with one half day. You may think your kid is going to love muskie fishing but you can't force it on him. We ended up pike and bluegill fishing the last two days. We are going to do a little more pike fishing this morning and then we are done.

Good luck,

Ty Sennett
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Well the little guy was more than excited to catch some pike today. We caught quite a few pike and Collin caught a token 34 inch muskie on a Rattle Trap. We also caught two big walleyes. One was 22 1/2 inches and the other was just under that. I'd guess 20 or 21 inches. We didn't measure the smaller one. I threw a rod out for crappie and caught quite a few of those too. I'll post some pics in a second.