PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-31-2009, 06:34 AM
Saturday's strong NW winds made for difficult boat control, but my 7 clients and I plucked away at it all day and did come up with some nice eyes. Working area's from shallow wind blown wood, shoreline boulders and bays, along with anchoring on shallow rocky reefs, and also drift fishing with fixed bobbers with in-line spinners & crawlers, all these methods worked, it's just that no one method was any better than the other, it was one fish here and two there. Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads, Mister Twister rigs, and jigs tipped with Gulp all caught eyes at one time or another. Had no problem catching the pike, they were everywhere, we also lost several rigs to them during the day. I want to say a special thanks to Don & Randy H. and the gang, had a great day with you guys, Don, take care of your back.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

DonH
06-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Don,

Really enjoyed the day and it was good to see you again. Sorry to put you through the wringer splitting the 7 of us into 3 small groups. But having you show us 3 different areas really worked out. We gained a lot of knowledge very quickly. Later that day, my nephew and I caught several nice fish on a spot you showed us, but we didn't fish it with you (one over 18").

Overall, our trip was outstanding as we ended up eating a lot of fish up there just to remain within our possesion limit. There were several times we had 4 guys cleaning fish as all 3 boats brought in really nice stringers.

I'm also curious. I think we might have been really close to the mayfly hatch as they were coming out of the water on the evening of the 2nd. We stayed out until after dark and there was plenty of yellow stuff on the water as we were heading in.

My back has improved. Now the big thing is for you to take care of your heart!