PDA

View Full Version : Musky Report

Medford Fisher
05-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the tips Jason. You've been around the musky world a lot longer than myself, but I've seen the same trend of big fish being taken in late May and throughout June the past few years. Here's a quick report:

The last two days have really seemed to kick-start the muskies. 8 follows (one low-40's and the rest 36-40") and one very small ski caught yesterday (Thursday). Today (Friday): 3 follows and one lost at boatside. I could've netted it for my buddy, but opted to film instead of net. One of the follows was a mid-40" fish and another was one that was pushing 50. Spinnerbaits, bucktails, minnowbaits...lots of different baits working to move fish right now. Taking the weekend off to fix up some stuff on the boat, but we'll be back at it Sunday evening and all of next week. If the past two days have been a sign, I believe the upcoming week could be really hot for catches.

Congrats to Mark and Clay...we figured if there'd be anyone catching fish on LVD, those guys would be the two to do it. Good luck this weekend as I'm sure they'll be fishing Butternut and the Phillips Chain. Also, keep the clips coming Jason. I love having new clips to watch rather than having to watch a different Muskie Madness vid every night over supper when we get back.

Good luck everyone...get out, catch a big one, and have a great time!
-Jake Bucki