PDA

View Full Version : 5/26 RFRG Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Muskie Matt
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey Brad, we enjoy bringing Eagle River to everyone on Sunday nights. Glad you like it.

Water temps are running 60 to 65 degrees on the ER Chain as of Memorial Day, now that may drop a bit with the cooler weather that has moved in today.

Bass fishing was kicking butt last week and I had some great fishing with great people. We love the early bass thing. Spinning gear and small spinner baits are all that's needed to tie into some fantastic fish.

Our general inland water muskie opener was also big news this past holiday weekend. Being one of the nicer Memorial Day weekends I can remember in awhile, water temps were good to bring and keep fish shallow. All the fish we saw and hooked into came from 2 to 5 feet of water. I imagine they'll move a bit deeper during this cool spell, I might look in the 6 to 10 foot range or deeper with this cold front moving through.

The smaller baits are working, like small Mepps, minnow baits, and even small surface baits. Look for the warmest water on a lake, typically shallow, dark bottom bays, with the wind blowing into them are the ticket.

Unfortunately we didn't boat any muskie this past weekend but did hook into a couple only to have them get off... we'll get another crack at em' though.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, whatever it was you choose to do, we did. Our fishing season has begun here in the Eagle River area with great weather and good company, tight lines to everybody this summer season.