PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend?

JimL
05-26-2009, 10:23 AM
How was opening weekend of musky up there? I am counting the days until we get up there and am anxiously awaiting word of how the musky are biting.

ToddC
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Had a great opener for numbers with four fish in five hours of fishing. Me and a buddy had three in the boat by 9:30am (36, 34, 30) then had to get off the water for other obligations. Then I took my 16 year old daughter out at 2pm and she got her first musky 30 minutes later, a 35 incher, that ate a minnowbait twitched over weeds. The fish hit close to the boat and she got to see the strike. She was so excited!!! It's always cool to have a friend or family member get their first one. Having my daughter get her first was a very, very special memory that we will have forever. Incidentially, two fish came on twitching minnow baits, one on a bucktail and another on my old, beat up, six inch Reef Hawg. Water temps over the weekend ranged from 63 - 70. Good Luck!!!

JimL
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks Todd. Sounds like a great opener for you. Glad you had such a memorable opener. I will be up fishing the Jersey city flowage the week or 6/13 and I will report back on how I do. The trip will not be specifically for musky only, but hopefully I can boat one. Thanks again.