PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend report

Ty Sennett
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Well, we made it through a fun weekend and even managed a couple muskies. I fished with Rachel and her friend Jill and Jill's husband Chris. We fished for a little bit of everything including bass,walleye,bluegills,crappie,Pike and muskies. We fished for muskies for about two or three hours each day and boated two mid thirty inch fish. The one in particular was really cool. Jill caught her first muskie ever on her pink mister twister. The "pink lady" as we called the bait was eaten by a three foot ugly old male muskie with one eye. I'll post the picture later today. I also boated a 34 incher that hit a Cobb Glider as I was dragging it across the water with weeds on it. Hey, whatever works right?

We did have a huge follow on Sunday when it was really sunny and calm out. That was cool for everyone to see. That one followed in twice on Chris's Slammer crankbait. We had seven others follow total for the long weekend that were all in the forty inch range or better. A friend of ours named Rob caught a 43 incher on a Creeptonite and that was the only other fish we heard of. We didn't talk to too many people but the resorts that we stopped at didn't have any fish charted yet.

Water temps were 67 yesterday afternoon on the main area of the lake. I'd guess realistically the temps are between 63 and 66 degrees.

I've got walleye trips today and tomorrow. I'll be back at the muskies in a couple days.

The Snag King
05-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey buddy, did you forget about the 40 I caught on Saturday? I guess I'm
just not that memorable.

See Ya!!

Ty Sennett
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I know, after I posted I remembered a few hours later. Nice fish man!

scottwebster
05-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Spent most of the weekend catching crappies and gills with my daughter and her boyfriend. Got a boat load but released all. Neil got a job now and couldn't come up. He wasn't happy. Did chase muskies a bit and caught a low 30's and saw 3 others. Got a fat 27" walleye also.