PDA

View Full Version : wknd action

beelzebob
05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Didn't get up until Sat. pm. Sun morning I fished one pool on the river and got 10 pike - all small - 6 bass up to 17", and had a 36" muskie come in several times and eyeball my jig.... he was all scarred up. I hit the flowage looking for crappies in wood and weeds, couldn't find 'em. Did get some perch, rock bass, and a 10" gill. Also managed 2 more bass. Today was rotten - too windy and I'm tired of fighting it so I worked on camp instead. Any ideas on the crappies would be welcome, my Vilas county strategies aren't working here.

mikesgotone
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I think I heard that info at the sportsmans landing. I was the guy sittin in the boat waitin for my ride. good luck finding those crappies.

ski2313
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
We had the Blair Lake site from wednesday through sunday, so we kept daily tabs on the crappie action up shallow.. simply put, they just weren't there yet. Sure there were a handful, but they were small (<10"), and few and far between. If you circled the whole lake you may have spotted a half dozen up shallow in the weeds and wood between various spots. You certainly couldn't have posted up on a spot and caught a limit of crappies anywhere (at least in Blair). We focused on the smallmouth instead, and had excellent action every day but Sunday all over the flowage.

beelzebob
05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Well I hope you weren't waiting too much longer for your bud. I'm glad to hear others were out scanning the shallows for beds or active fish, I was doing a lot of the same and just couldn't find 'em yet. Got a 4 day wknd coming up on june 6... hoping for heat.

mikesgotone
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
luckeeeeeey