PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report May 25

Jratthelake
05-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Fishing continues to improve. It is raining pretty steady as I write this but we have had a couple of warm days prior, and that has definitly turned on the feed bags.

The Walleyes are scattered but active. We are catching fish in 4 to 24 ft on a couple of presentations. Of coarse the jig and live bait rules but Gulp minnows continue to catch fish for fish against the live bait when the fish are really active. Small cranks like the Hot n Tot or small jerk baits are also catching fish consistantly, especially during the evening hours and up along the reed edges. Some of the nicest Walleyes are being caught off the docks in the evenings. Not much for weed growth yet but the forecast calls for sun and warms temps this week so we should start to see weedlines developing soon.

Northern Pike fishing is heating up, we are seeing more mid 30 fish caught as the water temps come up. The key right now is slow and small. The biggest Pike so far are being caught while fishing for Walleyes on the jigs. We did find some good numbers yesterday casting to shoreline bolders with small crankbaits, twitch and pause was the key with the Hot n Tot. Small jerkbaits fished slowly are catching fish as well.

Its been a slow start to the spring but as always things are and will continue to improve. More to come.....

Stay safe on the water and good fishing

Dave B
05-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Wayne -- Thanks for the report. Please keep them coming. I know it isn't easy when everything is busy, but us guys who are coming later in the summer sure appreciate all the info.

Jratthelake
05-26-2009, 04:04 PM
We will keep the updates coming Dave, I was out this morning trolling some WitchBay shorelines and picked up 5 decent Pike. I was trolling in 6 to 10 ft with a Husky Jerk, hoping to pick up some bigger Walleyes doing this in the next week or so. Also looking forward to some Panfish action as the water heats up, oh and of coarse counting the days till Musky opener.

EyeBallHunter
05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Great report Wayne, Thanks!

What are the water temps right now?

Jratthelake
05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Water temps vary from 48 to 50 out on the main lake and upper 50's in the shollowest waters in back bays. The long range looks good, lots of sunshine and much warmer temps, we should be fishing weeds by now but not much of that around yet.