PDA

View Full Version : Slow for me

RudyG
05-24-2009, 10:35 PM
really not much to report

Sat Morn "23rd"
Finally decided to get the boat in the water.
Went out late, lines down at 8AM. Solo... water temp 52
Trolled 1.0 to 2.5 10-30 FOW with a variety of Harnesses and Cranks.. w/boards and without.... 1 hit, barely noticed it, on a purple hologram harness
Quit about 11:30AM..

Just happy to get out and try out the new kicker. Boat control has never been so good!!
more of a "get 'er wet" trip than anything and it was a good day.

Sun Eve. Got out about 6:30PM. Solo... water temp 61.5
Trolled 1.4 to 2.2 w/ Harnesses and Cranks.. "not at the same time":rolleyes: on Boards in 7-12 FOW.
Not a hit all eve. Nice night fishing bad night catching.
Quit about 9:30 due to....

Nats.."Blackflies" whatever you call them were terrible!! Raid on board..
they just breathed deep and kept on swarmin..
Bug dope kept em off but still managed to breathe in a few.

Kevin Lee
05-24-2009, 11:10 PM
The bite yesterday and today seemed to drop off compared to what it was Thursday and Friday, so it's not just you. The best report I heard today was the guys in cabin #2 catching 4 keepers this morning in the Whitefish River. They also caught a couple nice Bullheads. So guess what I hope to go fishing for Monday night... If you haven't eaten Bullheads, you are missing the boat as they are very sweet and very good to eat...

The Bait Shop Guy
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I agree, excellent eating - just a bugger to clean.

I fished south of Gladstone this evening. Figured the southerly wind might turn the perch on a bit. Ran over to the campgrounds and instantly started marking fish all along the base of the dropoff. Caught two nice 11 to 12 inch perch right off the bat, but as the wind died off, so did the bite. Moved over to Squaw Point and found a lot of current over there, as well as hungry fish. Problem was, nothing good wanted to bite - undersized walleyes, suckers, and eurasian ruffe (our newest exotic species.) The ruffe were the biggest I've ever seen, so I kept one to see how they cook up (they're a member of the perch family, after all.) Fried it up along with some perch, and it tasted fine (but as I've said before "anything tastes good if you put enough batter on it")