PDA

View Full Version : Four wheeler registration

firemrshllbill
05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I am looking at borrowing a wheeler from a friend for my girlfriend to use but he told me he bought the wheeler in Wisconsin and never registered it (after like 3 yrs of having it) because it never leaves his camp. I know I can get a trail permit for it but if we got stopped by the DNR or Sheriff can they check and see if its ever been registered? If they can what kind of fines are you looking at? Thanks I appreciate the help!

pikeman
05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Just get it registered. In michigan it cost like 16 bucks. All your doing is buying a registration sticker for it. Lots cheaper than getting fined.

firemrshllbill
05-21-2009, 06:12 PM
You are talking about the trail permit sticker I believe. I believe that all ATV's after 2003 need to be registered like a car would at the Secretary of State and they get a title to track stolen property. I do plan on getting the trail permit for the wheeler...

pikeman
05-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I have a 2007 Can-am and have a registration sticker on it and no trail sticker. I think the trail stickers are for snowmobiles. I'm sure when I bought it the dealer probably registered it for me. Now all I do it buy a new reg sticker every year. Best bet is to call the dnr and ask.

yooper
05-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I believe all you need is an ORV sticker and can get them at any place that sells fishing and hunting licsense.