PDA

View Full Version : Sissabagama

ryanmitchell
05-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Anyone ever fish that lake? Looks like a nice little sleeper lake? A2 muskie lake just south of Hayward. Let me know. Thanks

joeanderson
05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I fished it last September and I would say it would be a good numbers lake. I think between the three of us, we moved about 6 fish throughout the day. Most of them came off of figure eights. We just didn't go around and around enought times. We thru inline spinners and cowgirls all day, the water is pretty clear too. Its a nice little lake!

Do you know anything about crappie fishing on the Chip? I'm not really a crappie fisherman but it sounds like fun...good luck wherever you end up!

ryanmitchell
05-20-2009, 02:42 PM
All I know about crappie fishing on the Chip is Moore's Bay. They hammer crappies all the time there. I don't fish for crappies usually. My brother and friend do, and I think they do well on little jigs and those powerbait berkley crappie nibbles or small minnows. Not sure what color, but maybe pink or chartruese would would well.

http://www.landbigfish.com/images/store/swatches/Berk-CrappieNibbless.jpg

rudedog
05-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't call it a sleeper lake. It gets pretty pounded at times for ski's.
A Very nice lake to fish. Great cabbage to 12 foot depth. Water Quite clear usually, 4-8 ft Clarity.
Enjoy.

Ryan M
05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
I fished Siss a lot (well kind of) the last couple years without much success. It's a fun lake with a lot to offer structure wise. Good bass lake too. Good luck, let me know if you get something going out there. It's only about five minutes from my parents cabin so I'd like it to produce. There are usually plenty of boats there too. Parking can be an issue.

Mad Dave
07-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I last fished Sissabagama in 2001. One rainy summer day no follows, nothing until the sixth hour. Rain had let up, caught a 46" on a Mepps Musky Killer with Purple hair, gold blade. North end under pads.
Nice lake with lots of structure and some decent cabbage. (back then)

I would fish it on overcast and/or rainy days because of the clarity.

Dave