PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5/19

Chas Martin
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Fished the Three Lakes Chain today and had good action in and around the weeds. Fishing in depths anywhere from 2-12 feet with a 1/16 to 1/8 oz jig tipped with a fat-head minnow worked best. Water temps ranged from 54 to 57.6 degrees in the northern most sides of the lakes - as is usual during this time of the year, I found the most aggressive fish in the warmer water. Walleyes were a little tough but the northern pike action made up for it with aggressive spurts of action. Small spinner baits and ratLtraps worked over the tops of the weeds took the most aggressive fish while slow rolling the same spinner over the same spot got the less aggresive fish to strike. To get those walleyes to strike I really had to let the jig "hit" the weeds - making contact with the cover which will result in more snags but more fish in the net when the bite is tough. Wind was out of the S-SE at approx. 5-10 mph. Partly cloudly skies but overall sunny conditions. As stated by my fellow guides, look for a possible increase in fish activity as the weather warms with a possible thunder storm this thursday.

Good luck,

Chas Martin
www.muskymastery.com