PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fishing report

Ty Sennett
05-18-2009, 08:04 AM
The fishing report for the weekend is all pike related because we fished the Musky Tale pike tournament. We did catch a couple big walleye on accident but not big enough to win the walleye side bet in the tourney. A 30 inch walleye won that. We caught about forty pike each day with the biggest two being just over ten pounds and nine and a half pounds. Finally placed in the money. I guess it helps to not sleep in and actually fish the whole time. My brother tricked me and told me the tournament started at 6AM so I would get up and make breakfast and start fishing. We got out by 7AM which was the real starting time. That is a lot earlier than we normally make it out. The weather on Saturday was absolutely nasty. Thirty five degrees and really really windy. We tried anchoring a few times and couldn't hold. It was a frustrating day for sure. The biggest fish caught was a 14 pound fish. Not as good as normal years but I'm sure the weather had something to do with it. We had a blast though.

lil man tait
05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey Rachel, I believe I owe you a package of baby swim baits. They tasted minty fresh. Maybe I can perform a magic trick or two in order to get them to appear.

sorry
tait